I have yet to give him a name yet, but if it’s not him then it’s his sibling, due to arrive in the Ng residences this November after Josiah’s Commonwealth Games. It’s a bengal kitten of four weeks old. It will be our joy, a stepping stone to the start of our family since we are not ready to have a baby yet for so many valid reasons.
According to the Wikipedia, the Bengal is a relatively new hybrid breed of cat, formed by the cross of a domestic feline and an Asian Leopard Cat. They have wild-looking markings like large spots, rosettes, light or white belly. The Bengal cat has a a desirable “wild” appearance with a gentle domestic cat temperament, provided it is separated by at least three generations from the original crossing between a domestic feline and an Asian Leopard Cat.
The best part is, its personality traits fit Josiah’s and mine. I will tell you more when I get to hug it in my arms.
Now, I need your help. Can you please suggest a name for this cute lil meow?
I just remembered when Charlie Sheen from “Two and A Half Men” told his fiance about Sir Lancelot the cat.
“He’s more like SIR CRAP-A-LOT than SIR LANCELOT.”
That really cracked me up!
UPDATE: SUGGESTED CAT NAMES
This list is from my Facebook, Twitter and blog.
For all the options provided by you below, insert name in this sentence.
“Hey________, that’s a good boy. Come ‘ere kitty kitty! Good boy!”
1. Techno – How about R&B?
2. Bengali – Lolz. Shaking my head typing this (Indian dance).
3. Wotty Spot - Mister Wotty Spot.
4. Spotty Wot – Mister Spotty Wot.
5. Kimjo – That’s our Second Life avatar name.
6. Snowball - Cute like a snow ball, but more like black spots. Haha!
7. Raj – Hahahaha!
8. Chutney - Sour, but this nickname’s officially taken and cannot be replicated.
9. Horace - Hohoho! Let’s race!
10. Achilles – Oww, my leg hurts. “Aki, come here kitty cat!”
11. Cat – Hey cat, do you have a name, Cat? Yes, it’s Cat. Catty Cat!
12. Chuckerney - Chuck!
13. Mypumpum – My bum bum?
14. Simba – Lion King inspired. But, tigers hate lions.
15. Tiger – Yes, it aspires to become a tiger when it grows up.
16. Maharaja – Quite long, but sounds classy.
17. Kindle - Warm, spirited cat.
18. John Knowles – Fellow Twitter follower offered his name. Anyone else?
19. Bengalensis – The scientific name for bengal cats.
20. McMew – McDonald’s-inspired?
21. Garfield – Kar Fai! Because it does look like a Kar Fai! (Kar Fai is Garfield in Cantonese)
22. Tigger – Jumped out of the cartoon network.
23. Joakim – This name “Joachim” has been reserved for my future son!
24. Momo – This was my initial idea, the first name I thought of. Quite likely to use this one.
25. Bo – Quite likely to use this one, although I’m usually called “Kimbo” myself hahaha!
26. Kibou – Authentic, might think about this one since it means “hope” in Japanese.
27. Kimchi Ng – Serious? Omg I’m hungry now.
28. Puppy – Hahaha!
29. Ducky – Aiyo.
FINAL DECISION: CHUTNEY